Sunday, October 19, 2008

Vintaj & Vintage







As mentioned in a previous post, we had a bead show in town a few weeks ago. I picked up some Vintaj goodies (chains, charms, pendants, findings) in one booth. At another booth I picked up a cool strand of vintage glass beads, all the same bright opaque red glass, but in different shapes.

I wanted to make a necklace with some of my little apple beads, and thought I would use the Vintaj with some red pearls. But like usually happens to me when making jewelry, I always change my mind numerous times. The vintage red glass was just what it needed, and I pulled in some brass colored pearls and beads in the drop at the bottom of the necklace. I have been making my own earwires recently, I love this shape, it stays in my ears better then a traditional shepards hook finding.

No comments: