Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hearts for Valentine's Day




I have been working on some hearts for Valentine's Day. I myself like a lot of texture (and I LOVE that I don't have to sand them!) but the beady folks that buy my beads tend to prefer as much bling as possible, so I created a number of beads in both styles. The turquoise bead has a cane in it that I think was made by Leigh Ross, it looks like babies breathe and I love it. The rest of the canes are mine, old ones...I can't make a small cane to save my life, so I have lots and lots of canes I need to get some use out of and this was a good excuse to get them out.

This is just a small sample of what I have been working on. Hopefully I can sell some, and if not, I will have them as inventory for the Bead Expo at the Anchorage Museum of History and Art, held in October. I haven't done a show in a many years, and I need to get back in the grove...the Bead Expo is always one of my favorites!

No comments: